This is one of the hardest parts of my divorce.
It's been extremely hard to accept that the man I committed my life to just walked out on me, full of pride and arrogance and leaving me to pick up the shattered pieces of my broken heart.
Some days, I replay the conversation from when he left and all I can think is, "What the hell?"
Really? You left because I don't cook enough?
Really? You left because I don't clean enough?
Really? You're going to complain about never having sex when you refused it most of the time?
Yes, I really did just mention my sex life on my blog. You're welcome, readers. You are so freaking welcome.
The reasons Peter Pan gave me for leaving just weren't good enough. That's one of the main reasons I searched out to find the lies, to find the holes in his stories.
Because that's all they really were...stories. Most of it wasn't real and most of it was based on some prideful, vicious lie cycle that Peter would ultimately decide to be more important than our marriage.
His lies were more important than our marriage.
And when I think about that, it hurts really bad. I cannot fathom having a lie that was more important to try and hide so I gave up my forever family. I can't think of anything worth giving up my family for.
But he did. He found something worth giving me up for. He found alcohol. He found drugs. He found his closet so full of lies that he decided it would be easier to just leave me, rather than coming clean and deciding to try harder.
He gave up on things I dream of giving to my children. He gave up on things I used to think I was good enough for.
I used to have such a strong belief in myself. I used to believe I was worthy not just of love but of devotion from my spouse.
Now I find myself lost and confused as to where my worth lies and where I go from here. What am I supposed to do? How do I forge on like all of the strong women that have gone before me? Where do I start? How do I believe that I am worth another man's love? How can I believe that I am worth self-love?
I have so many questions and zero answers.

No comments:
Post a Comment