I think my favorite part about the above picture is that this picture of Wendy is me. It really is.
Maybe it's the naturally sandy brown hair. Maybe it's the pursed lips. But probably it's the headband across the forehead---because that is one of my favorite pieces of jewelry (?Is it jewelry?) to wear.
I'm holding on by a thousand threads---which is way better than one, amiright?
Some days, a few threads break off. Other days, a hundred of them are snapped. But the thing is, some days, I have learned to attach a few extras on for safety.
So when I feel like I'm going to drown, there is a lifeboat nearby.
Because of my eating disorder recovery and the helluva rollercoaster this all is for me, I am trying to build myself a few safety vests for the times I am low...which is now.
So although I no longer see a therapist {probably not the best idea} and I really crave buying a scale right now, I have also set up safety nets for when I am acting this way.
I have friends that I force myself to talk to when I really don't want to talk. I have written messages ALL OVER my mirror and the white board in my room that remind me who I am and why I'm fighting. I read old journals when I contemplate being "back there"---as in, back to the way things were 4 months ago in the worst of the worst of this.
Because control seems like something I want but what I really want is God to keep control. Even though I have a hard time trusting life and keeping my heart safe, I try really hard to believe that this is not the way things are going to be forever.
I have to believe that. It's what I have right now.

No comments:
Post a Comment