I was so triggered by a friend's comment today. And she doesn't get it, she doesn't understand how telling me 'skinny people are more self aware' is so damaging.
I can't do this anymore.
I'm done fighting my eating disorder.
I tried. I failed. It wasn't worth it.
The end.
Wow, i am so sorry to hear about your pain... I wish I could give you a big hug and take away the pain. That being said I believe the person to do that job is the Savior Jesus Christ. Please forgive me for being so bold. Your words seem to remind me of the pain that I have had in my own life. My challenge in life has been a very mild form of cerebal palsy. I have been able to walk, but not run, stand but not very steadily. I remember this week even feeling what I feel are similiar feelings to what you described about how other people have hard it is for other people. For me growing up as a kid I never felt like I had any sympathy, that I would spend my life trying to earn God's love, the sympathy of all other people.
ReplyDeleteAgain please forgive me sharing my own experience when you are hurting in your own way. I hope and pray that you are able to feel the peace and hope through the Savior. One thing that has helped me... is to make lists of what I am truly grateful for. After a period of near unemployement and nearley two years seperated from my wife, I have found joy in the little things. I don't mean to make it seem so simple, but this is what has helped me. Hope you have a blessed day
Hugs. I'm so sorry your friend is so wrong. Skinny people are skinny. That's really all you can say. Skinny people are no better or worse than any other kind of people.
ReplyDeleteHugs. I'm so sorry your friend is so wrong. Skinny people are skinny. That's really all you can say. Skinny people are no better or worse than any other kind of people.
ReplyDelete