Today I woke up and got ready for one of the biggest days of my life.
Today I dropped my children off to a babysitter and picked up my best friend.
Today I did not eat a single thing before 7:00pm.
Today I walked into a court room followed closely by my lawyer, my parents, two of my sisters, and two of my best friends.
Today I endured an hour and a half of anxiety as I listened to Peter lie to his lawyer, my lawyer, and the judge.
Today I thought my anxiety might literally cause a heart attack because of the pain I felt in my chest.
Today I was called to the stand and found myself barely able to walk because of the shaking occurring in my knees.
Today I took a seat on the stand and gave the court my full name, the whole time trying to keep my lips from quivering.
Today my lawyer asked me questions and I felt the Holy Spirit fill my soul and cause my anxiety to dissipate.
Today I answered questions with confidence and instead of trying hard not to cry, I was focusing on not smiling at the people there to support me.
Today I defended myself and my beliefs firmly while my ex-husband's lawyer tried to put words in my mouth and accuse me of being selfish and manipulative.
Today I fought hard for my children.
Today I walked out of the court house, knowing I had done everything I could do to show that judge what is best for my children.
Today I was the definition of warrior. The absolute definition.
And tonight, although my anxiety has returned while I wait "up to 60 days" for a verdict from the judge, I feel this beautiful, sacred gratitude for my family and friends and especially for my Heavenly Father.
Today He was there for me on an extremely hard day. And He showed me how the Priesthood can work intricately in my life.
Today was filled with more beauty than I ever could've imagined.
No comments:
Post a Comment