Thursday, December 14, 2017

She's Moving

My best friend is moving. 

The friend I ran to when Peter told me he was leaving me---the friend who held me while I sobbed into her shoulder and then drove me to the temple and stayed with me until midnight.

The friend who has picked up Peter's slack and has watched my kids countless hours for free.

The friend who is in my ward and has walked me through my confusing faith journey.

The friend who accompanied me back to the temple almost a year ago and held my hand when I started to freak out and have anxiety and convince myself it was too soon.

The friend who I spend holidays with when I don't have my kids because it is too painful to be around my family and watch my nieces and nephews make memories without my kids present.

She's moving. 

And although it's only an hour and a half away, my heart is aching that I won't be able to drive two streets away and punch in her garage code and walk in like I live there (because I practically do).

And at a time where I may end up losing more time with my kids (because everything just seems to be getting messier), I am so scared to lose her too.

I spoke to God and told him now would be a great time to introduce me to my future husband. He hasn't gotten back to me on that yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment