I knew this day was quickly approaching.
In fact, I had been planning a date night with my daughter to discuss puberty and intimacy with her.
And then yesterday she came home from school and asked, "Mom, what does rape mean?"
{Damn. It. All. To. Heck.}
So instead of pushing it to a few weeks from now at some fancy restaurant like I had planned, I sat down with her and laid it all out.
And it turned out better than I had ever planned it in my mind. Because I think laying on my bed and having a deep discussion with no distractions was the best way to do it.
So thank you {except really NO thank you} to the child at school who tried to teach my daughter what rape is. damnhell
I went to bed last night feeling really good. We had spent our afternoon cleaning and then making dinner as a family and ended with "the big scary talk" that ended up being not scary at all!
And when my daughter woke me up this morning, the very first thing she said to me was, "Hey, mom, thank you for talking with me last night. I love you." and then she skipped away to get ready for school.
I mean, wow.
She's pretty much the best.
And I'm feeling like I can conquer the world today.
So happy Tuesday, friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment