*******************
The majority of the reactions included:
It was bound to happen eventually.
Good for him. He’s moving on.
You had to know this was going to happen.
So why are you acting so upset?
******************
They say it shouldn’t hurt because it isn’t happening to
them, because the person they loved for 8 years wasn’t now in a relationship
with another woman.
They say it shouldn’t hurt because they didn’t feel the hurt
I felt when he walked away.
They say it shouldn’t hurt because they haven’t gone three
years fighting extremely lonely thoughts and struggling to learn how to find a
relationship worth trusting and then finding out that he gets to have the very
thing they have wanted.
They say it shouldn’t hurt because they don’t see the day-to-day
life of ‘single mom pouring her life into her children’ while he has 25 days a
month to be a bachelor.
They say it shouldn’t hurt---but they are wrong.
Because it should hurt and it does.
I didn’t know how I would react when this eventually
happened. Honestly, I think I figured it would be me in a relationship first so
I wouldn’t react as poorly as I have.
My daughter got in the car on Sunday and almost immediately
stated, “Guess what? We might be getting a new mom because I saw dad kissing a
girl out on the front porch.”
And I should’ve handled it better. The tears that started
pouring down my face surprised even me. And then my sweet baby girl felt like
she had done something wrong. And I felt like a complete mom-failure. I should’ve
been able to keep it together for her sake.
But. It. Just. Felt. So. Horrible.
So. Horrible.
So shockingly, devastatingly, painfully horrible.
And all of my feelings of loneliness were intensified.
I can usually keep them together but not this week.
This week, the tears seem to pour out of the corners of my
eyes with the tiniest little thing.
And although yesterday was horrible because I was extremely
sick and threw up 7 effing times, I think I needed that day in my bed, to hide
from life a little bit. Because now that I’m back living life again today, I’m
trying to deal with it a little better.
And it is extremely difficult.
And really, that is all I have today. Because my beautiful
life is clouded right now by some really shitty feelings.
I'm so sorry!
ReplyDelete