Monday, March 21, 2016

My Bravery

I've used this picture a few times.

It's one of my favorites.

This week is significant for so many reasons.

A year ago today, I attended a conference with many people whom I believed to be my safest group of friends. And it turns out, they were the opposite of that.

And despite that, I never gave up. Not once. And I'm never going to give up.

The thing about really hard moments in your life is that they can make or break you---in my case, both of these things happened.

I am more of who I am supposed to be because of everything I've learned this past year.

And I can sit here today and tell you that I love who I am.
This week might be a hard one but it also comes with a lot of reminders that I chose life and bravery over death and fear. I chose to keep living.
And that is huge.

I am so proud of myself, of everything I've experienced and the person that it has molded me into.

I am a brave warrior. And I will never give up.

1 comment:

  1. Please stop. Your friends were safe, they were safe and supportive until you lied to them. You became the unsafe person, you lied. You are not the victim here, the REAL VICTIM was a 7 year old girl whom you blogged about, calling HER a liar. I read the posts, I have them printed off, the detective varified your lies. YOU ARE NOT THE VICTIM. Stop claiming to be the victim! I was hoping after a year you would respect the situation enough to stop writing about it publicly, I was praying that you would just move on or work it out silently. Seriously, PLEASE MOVE ON. Just stop.

    ReplyDelete