The anxiety I've felt all weekend has been pretty severe---chest pains, numbing, considering giving up on everything I've worked for.
I couldn't figure out why I felt that way. Was it a money issue? A friend issue? A parenting issue? A divorce issue?
I still don't quite know.
But what I do know is that yesterday marked three years since my deepest heartbreak as a single mom.
So maybe that played a part.
When I realized this, I thought back on the past three years and all of the changes and healing that have taken place.
I lost support.
I left the church.
I cut a lot of ties.
I made new, genuine friendships.
I came back to church.
And I realized just how seldom I think about that day anymore.
A portion of the past three years was spent being kicked down, building myself back up, only to be kicked down again.
But I've learned how to better dodge those kicks.
You guys, the remarkable thing is that I'm grateful for everything I've been taught in the past three years. I'm grateful for my time away from my church and the time I've spent back there. I'm grateful for a God who very promptly put healing tools in place when I felt like suicide was the only way to break free from my heartache. I'm grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ and the ability He gave me to forgive myself for "hindsight" and also the ability He gave me to forgive others for the pain they caused.
I don't know if that is why my body is feeling so much anxiety right now and I hate that. I hate how anxiety since the court trial has become hard to identify. It comes and goes fiercely, often times without explanation or warning.
But I know it won't always be this way. I know the effects of the court trial won't last forever, just as the pain and anxiety of three years ago eventually dissipated.
So at least there is hope.
Our bodies remember! I still get sad around the day I have to leave a place I love, the day my Grandma died, and pretty much all of December. So keep those days in mind and take extra good care of yourself. <3
ReplyDelete